CD Projekt RED’s Cyberpunk 2077 released a few days back and has had a pretty successful run so far. However, soon after its release, the studio revealed that it has already recouped the development, marketing, and promotional costs of the title.
The studio had announced the title in 2013, and fans have patiently waited for its release ever since. They’ve also sat through multiple delays to get their hands on what has been referred to as the ‘finest entry in the modern decade’.
However, it wasn’t long before users noticed several errors in the game. Players accessing the game across different platforms believe the title is still under development.
The devs announced an update to bring an end to such issues. Hotfix 1.04 update, initially released for PS4, PS5, and PC, addresses several bugs.
No Cyberpunk 2077 update available for older Xbox consoles
Surprisingly, the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 has been messy, with some platforms being affected more than others. PS4 and Xbox One users suffered the most. What was hopefully the first of many updates brought an end to several issues that were troubling players.
CD Projekt announced the patch update for the Xbox Series S/X console just a day later. The game is available on the latest consoles via backward compatibility.
CD Projekt RED’s Cyberpunk 2077 is clearly one of the most anticipated titles of the…
However, the update hasn’t trickled down to Xbox One X users yet, leaving them dismayed.
A list of all issues that the update fixed
The update fixed a number of issues, such as missing NPC animations during cinematics and copyrighted music, which was wreaking havoc in the streaming community.
Another important issue that the update took care of involved flashes that could trigger seizures in those with epilepsy. Although it’s too soon to say whether they have fixed this issue, we’ll get to know with time.
The following is a list of issues that have been fixed:
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in Speeded up switching the first-person perspective to third-person perspective in a vehicle Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics
Performance & stability of Cyberpunk 2077
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
Console Specific updates for Cyberpunk 2077
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect. Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox. Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in the Americas.
CD Projekt will surely roll out more updates to make the gaming experience even better. But the important question right now is- how long will it take for the update to roll out for Xbox One users?